Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Review #6 - Brita Wave Pitcher

Oh hey! I didn't see you there. Can I get you something to drink? Water from my new Brita Wave Pitcher, maybe?

So I figured I'd review my new water pitcher. I've been using this water pitcher for a few weeks now, and I have gathered my thoughts on the matter. Is it good? Is it better than the last one? Does the lid stay on? Stick around to find out, you beautiful person, you.

This was bought to give Brita another chance to impress me, as I am a merciful internet blogger. I'll start by describing the aesthetics, since, as we all know, looks are what really matter in life. I purchased the lime green variation, as opposed to the Walter white, depression grey or daddy issue pink. The color hardly matters, as the pitcher is less colored than a Nickelback concert. There is a small splash of color on the inside of the handle, but that's all she wrote. The rest is either grey, white, or clear. Like the last pitcher, the main body of the pitcher is transparent, allowing it to function as a makeshift fish bowl. The handle is ergonomic and fits nicely in the hand, allowing one to keep a firm grip while pouring one out for the homies.

Behind the pitcher, you can see a Dasani bottle.
I buy these from the vending machine and use them
to fill the pitcher.

To be quite honest, I don't even remember what the lid of the Space Saver Pitcher looked like, so my review of the new lid's functionality is a fresh look. For starters, the lid keeps a firm grip on the pitcher like a helicopter parent on keeps a grip on their child. (On the real, though. At the start of my freshman year I met a cute girl and added her on Facebook. Within minutes, I received a friend request from her father. Who does that? I noped right on out of there.) I have yet to have a demonic experience with this lid, which is good. The opening on the top is very large, allowing you to pour more water in it at once than the entire state of California possesses. The cover for the opening flips up with a press on a nifty little lever embedded in the handle.

Can anybody tell me what this braille says?

The engineers from my last pitcher must have been fired, because this thing is actually a great design. The entire water-pouring process goes swimmingly from beginning to end. It's great, and can hold up to large amounts of water being poured out, like during a party, for example. I love having all my friends come over now, because I'm not afraid that they'll ask for water any longer. Now I can pour them all water and have some laughs with the pals! Hahaha! They're the best. I love them! So many good times! I love having buddies! Please come be my friend I'm so lonely.

My only gripe with the water pitcher is that the little indicator light (telling you the filter needs to be changed) on the top of the lid  went out after like two days and now I just have to accept that I might have slightly higher levels of copper, mercury, and cadmium in my water than before. Oh well. A little mercury never killed anyone. Overall, I actually give this thing a solid 8/10. It has a job, and it performs it well. Very dependable. It's the only friend I need.

TL;DR... Wait, he liked something for once? 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment